Applications for departmental scholarships are closed.
The deadline for departmental scholarships has passed, but you can find information on College-wide scholarships available for current students in the scholarships section of the College of Arts and Sciences website.
Important Notes about Applying
Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.
Students can apply for no more than TWO departmental scholarships.
Defining Class Standing
Sophomore = 31-70 earned hours (includes transfer credits)
Junior = 61-100 earned hours
Senior = 91 or more earned hours
Scholarships Offered by the Department of Political Science
WALTER HARTWELL BENNETT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is awarded to a junior political science major for their senior year.
- The amount awarded is $500 each semester for two semesters; $1,000 total.
BUFORD BOONE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is for English, Journalism or Political Science majors. To be eligible for consideration, Political Science majors must have a B average and senior standing.
- The amount awarded is $1,000 each semester for two semesters; $2,000 total. Requires a writing sample.
SAMUEL F. CLABAUGH SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is awarded to a Political Science major in his or her sophomore year, and the stipend is paid in their junior year. The recipient is selected partly on financial need as well as academic merit. Statement of financial need is required.
- The amount awarded is $300 for two semesters.
DANIEL W. POUND SCHOLARSHIP
- This scholarship is awarded to a sophomore or junior political science major with at least a B. Preference is given to applicants with an interest in political theory. Sophomore candidates will receive the stipend in their junior year; junior candidates will receive the stipend in their senior year.
- The amount awarded is $300 for one semester.