- BA, University of Rochester, 1985
- PhD, University of Iowa, 1990
- Party Pledges and Policy Actions in the U.S.
- Effects of Senate Malapportionment
- American Politics
- The Presidency
- Southern Politics
- Baldwin, Norman; Borelli, Stephen, and Michael New. 2011, forthcoming. “State Educational Investments and Economic Growth in America.” Social Science Quarterly.
- Borelli, Stephen, and Brad Lockerbie. 2008. “Framing Effects on Public Opinion During Prewar and Major Combat Phases in the US Wars in Iraq.” Social Science Quarterly.
- Finding the Third Way: Bill Clinton, the DLC, and the Democratic Platform of 1992. Journal of Policy History, 13: 429-462.