- PhD, Texas A&M University, 1993
- MNS, Louisiana State University, 1987
- BS, Louisiana State University, 1984
- Post-doctoral fellowship, University of Haifa, Israel, 1993-94
- Certificate of Completion: Facilitation of Dialogue Processes and Mediation Efforts, Folke Bernadotte Academy, Sweden, 2011
- International Relations
Tuesday 10:45 am – 12:00 pm
Thursday 10:45 am- 12:00 pm
Or by appointment.
- “Is U.S. Humanitarian Aid Based Primarily on Need or Self-Interest?” International Studies Quarterly, forthcoming (with Rob Kevlihan and Glen Biglaiser)
- Understanding Foreign Policy Decision Making. 2010. Cambridge University Press (with Alex Mintz; being translated into Arabic and Hebrew; Winner of Israeli Social Science Network Book of the Month, March 2010).
- “What Makes a State Stable? Good Governance, Legitimacy and the Legal-rational State Matter Even More for Low income States.” Civil Wars, pgs. 499–520, 2012 (with Shaun Goldfinch)