- PhD, Texas A&M University, 1993
- MNS, Louisiana State University, 1987
- BS, Louisiana State University, 1984
- Post-doctoral fellowship, University of Haifa, Israel, 1993-94
- Certificate of Completion: Facilitation of Dialogue Processes and Mediation Efforts, Folke Bernadotte Academy, Sweden, 2011
- International Relations
Mondays 8:15 am- 9:30 am Zoom https://uasystem.zoom.us/j/87425370654
Tuesdays 4:45 pm – 6:00 pm
Wednesdays 3:30pm – 4:00pm
Thursdays 3:00 am- 3:30 pm
Or by appointment. Zoom is preferred.
- “Is U.S. Humanitarian Aid Based Primarily on Need or Self-Interest?” International Studies Quarterly, forthcoming (with Rob Kevlihan and Glen Biglaiser)
- Understanding Foreign Policy Decision Making. 2010. Cambridge University Press (with Alex Mintz; being translated into Arabic and Hebrew; Winner of Israeli Social Science Network Book of the Month, March 2010).
- “What Makes a State Stable? Good Governance, Legitimacy and the Legal-rational State Matter Even More for Low income States.” Civil Wars, pgs. 499–520, 2012 (with Shaun Goldfinch)