- PhD, University of Texas at Austin, 1999
- BA, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1988
- American Politics
- Judicial Politics
- Administrative Law
- “The Strategy of Judging: Evidence from Administrative Law” (Journal of Legal Studies, 2002).
- The U.S. Constitution in 5 Minutes. (co-edited with Davide Klein). Under contract with
Equinox Press. Forthcoming 2023. https://www.equinoxpub.com/home/u-s-constitution-5-min/
- “Group Identification and Support for the supreme Court: Evidence from Evangelical
Protestants.” (co-authored with Christopher Kromphardt and Anderson Starling). Journal for
the Scientific Study of Religion. Vol. 58, No. 4 (Dec. 2019), pp. 854-873.
- “Gender, ideology, and Dominance in Supreme Court Oral Arguments.” (co-authored with
Dana J. Patton) Journal of Women, Politics, and Policy. April 2020, pp. 1-23.
- “Lawyer, Interrupted: Gender Bias in Oral Arguments at the U.S. Supreme Court.” (co-authored
with Dana J. Patton) Journal of Law and Courts, Vol. 3, No. 2 (Fall 2017), pp. 337-361.
- “Getting Personal in Supreme Court Opinions.” Washington University Journal of Law and
Policy, Vol. 54 (Fall 2017), pp. 195-207.
- “Rules, Standards, and Lower Court Decisions.” (co-Authored with James A. Todd). The
Journal of Law and Courts, Vol. 3, No. 2 (Fall 2015), pp. 257-275
- “Law, Fact, and the Threat of Reversal from Above.” 42 American Politics Research