- Ph.D. in Public Administration – University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2018
- Master of Public Administration – Sungkyunkwan University, 2011
- B.A. in Public Administration/Economics – Sungkyunkwan University, 2009
- Public Policy and Administration
Fall 2019 Office Hours:
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2:00pm-3:30pm
- State and Local Taxation
- State and Local Fiscal Condition
- Fiscal Rules and Institutions
- Government Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Budget Reform
- Local Economic Development
- Collaborative Governance
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Public Policy Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis
- Public Administration
- Interorganizational Relations
- “Toward a Theory of Fiscal Slack” (with Evgenia Gorina and Craig Maher). Public Budgeting & Finance. Accepted for Publication.
- “The (D)Evolution of TIF Use: Redevelopment to Land Development in Nebraska” (with Craig S. Maher and Ji-Hyung Park). In Johnson, C., & Kriz, K. (2019), Tax Increment Financing and Economic Development: Uses, Structures and Impact. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- “The Impacts of State-Imposed Fiscal Rules on Municipal Government Fiscal Outcomes: Does Institutional Configuration Matter?” State & Local Government Review. Vol. 50, No. 4 (2018): 230–243.
- “Local Property Tax Limits in Nebraska: Within-State Variations in Effects” (with Craig S. Maher and Carol Ebdon). Public Administration Quarterly. Vol. 42, No. 3 (2018): 328-371.
- “The Effect of Revenue Diversification and Form of Government on Public Spending” (with Ji-Hyung Park). Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management. Vol. 30, No. 2 (2018): 211-229.
- “The effects of Tax and Expenditure Limitations (TELs) on Municipal Fiscal Outcomes during a Period of Fiscal Distress” (with Ji-Hyung Park and Craig S. Maher). Public Finance & Management. Vol. 18, No. 1 (2018): 84-110.
- “Surveying the Effects of Limitations on Taxes and Expenditures: What Do/Don’t We Know?” (with Judith I. Stallmann, Craig S. Maher, and Steven C. Deller). Journal of Public and Nonprofit Affairs. Vol. 3, No. 2 (2017): 197-222.
- “The Effects of Tax and Expenditure Limits on State Fiscal Reserves” (with Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). Public Policy & Administration. Vol. 32, No. 2 (2017): 130-151.
- “The Impact of Tax and Expenditure Limits on Municipal Credit Ratings” (with Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). The American Review of Public Administration. Vol. 46, No. 5 (2016): 592-613.
- “The Effects of Tax and Expenditure Limits on Municipal Pension and OPEB Funding During the Great Recession” (with Craig S. Maher and James Harrold). Public Finance & Management. Vol. 16, No. 2 (2016): 121-146.