- Ph.D. in Public Administration – University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2018
- Master of Public Administration – Sungkyunkwan University, 2011
- B.A. in Public Administration/Economics – Sungkyunkwan University, 2009
- Public Policy and Administration
Wednesday from 12pm to 1pm and by appointment
- · State and Local Fiscal Condition
- · State and Local Taxation
- · Fiscal Rules and Institutions
- · Government Accounting and Financial Reporting
- · Budget Reform
- · Local Economic Development
- · Collaborative Governance
- · Public Budgeting and Finance
- · Public Policy Analysis
- · Quantitative Analysis
- · Public Administration
- · Interorganizational Relations
- · “Understanding municipal fiscal health: A model for local governments in the USA” (with Craig S. Maher, Bruce McDonald, and Steven C. Deller). New York, NY: Routledge.
- · “Examining the fiscal impact of tax and expenditure limitations on municipal governments: A rule design approach.” Local Government Studies. Published online first.
- · “Fiscal effects of interlocal collaboration: Evidence from Nebraska counties” (with Yunseung Kim, Carol Ebdon, and Craig S. Maher). Local Government Studies. Vol.48, No.4 (2022): 749-770.
- · “Framework for a cost-benefit analysis of a large-scale food processing plant in a small rural community: The case of Costco’s poultry plant in Fremont, Nebraska” (with Craig S. Maher). In Hoflund, A. B., Jones, J. C., & Pautz, M. C. (2021), Food policy and politics: The role of the administrative state in the U.S. food system. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books
- · “Government financial management and the coronavirus pandemic: A comparative look at South Korea and the United States” (with Craig S. Maher). The American Review of Public Administration. Vol.50, No.6-7 (2020): 590-597.
- · “Interlocal collaboration and local fiscal structure: Do state incentives matter?” (with Craig S. Maher and Carol Ebdon). Public Budgeting & Finance. Vol.40, No.2 (2020): 20-43.
- · “Municipal referenda activity in Colorado: Responding to TABOR” (with Craig S. Maher and Wei-Jie Liao). Municipal Finance Journal. Vol.40, No.3 (2019): 1-26.
- · “The (d)evolution of TIF use: Redevelopment to land development in Nebraska” (with Craig S. Maher and Ji-Hyung Park). In Johnson, C., & Kriz, K. (2019), Tax increment financing and economic development: Uses, structures and impact. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- · “The impacts of state-imposed fiscal rules on municipal government fiscal outcomes: Does institutional configuration matter?” State & Local Government Review. Vol. 50, No. 4 (2018): 230–243.
- · “Local property tax limits in Nebraska: Within-state variations in effects” (with Craig S. Maher and Carol Ebdon). Public Administration Quarterly. Vol. 42, No. 3 (2018): 328-371.
- · “The effects of tax and expenditure limits on state fiscal reserves” (with Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). Public Policy & Administration. Vol.32, No.2 (2017): 130-151.
- · “The impact of tax and expenditure limits on municipal credit ratings” (with Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). The American Review of Public Administration. Vol. 46, No. 5 (2016): 592-613