- Ph.D. in Public Administration – University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2018
- Master of Public Administration – Sungkyunkwan University, 2011
- B.A. in Public Administration/Economics – Sungkyunkwan University, 2009
- Public Policy and Administration
Monday and Wednesday 12:00pm-1:00pm via zoom
- State and Local Taxation
- State and Local Fiscal Condition
- Fiscal Rules and Institutions
- Government Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Budget Reform
- Local Economic Development
- Collaborative Governance
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Public Policy Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis
- Public Administration
- Interorganizational Relations
- “Government Financial Management and the Coronavirus Pandemic: A Comparative Look at South Korea and the United States” (with Craig S. Maher). The American Review of Public Administration. Vol.50, No.6-7 (2020): 590-597.
- “Interlocal Collaboration and Local fiscal Structure: Do State Incentives Matter?” (with Craig S. Maher and Carol Ebdon). Public Budgeting & Finance. Vol.40, No.2 (2020): 20-43.
- “Municipal Referenda Activity in Colorado: Responding to TABOR” (with Craig S. Maher and Wei-Jie Liao). Municipal Finance Journal. Vol.40, No.3 (2019): 1-26.
- “The (D)Evolution of TIF Use: Redevelopment to Land Development in Nebraska” (with Craig S. Maher and Ji-Hyung Park). In Johnson, C., & Kriz, K. (2019), Tax Increment Financing and Economic Development: Uses, Structures and Impact. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- “The Impacts of State-Imposed Fiscal Rules on Municipal Government Fiscal Outcomes: Does Institutional Configuration Matter?” State & Local Government Review. Vol. 50, No. 4 (2018): 230–243.
- “Local Property Tax Limits in Nebraska: Within-State Variations in Effects” (with Craig S. Maher and Carol Ebdon). Public Administration Quarterly. Vol. 42, No. 3 (2018): 328-371.
- “The Effects of Tax and Expenditure Limits on State Fiscal Reserves” (with Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). Public Policy & Administration. Vol.32, No.2 (2017): 130-151.
- “The Impact of Tax and Expenditure Limits on Municipal Credit Ratings” (with Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). The American Review of Public Administration. Vol. 46, No. 5 (2016): 592-613