By appointment only.
- B.A. – Swarthmore College, 1986
- Ph.D. – Lund University, Sweden, 1996
- Dr. McKnight’s current research considers the importance of theoretical work on sovereignty, the state, and politics. He is interested in how race is used to describe social communities in the US. His next research project will focus on the theoretical description of racial violence, the irruption of sovereignty, and the politics of race after Obama.
- Race and the Politics of the Exception: Equality, Sovereignty, and American Democracy (Routledge Press, 2013).
- The Everyday Practice of Race in America: Ambiguous Privilege (Routledge Press, 2010).
- Political Liberalism and the Politics of Race (Lund University Press, 1996).