Fall 2018 Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Ph.D. in Public Administration – University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2018
- Master of Public Administration – Sungkyunkwan University, 2011
- B.A. in Public Administration/Economics – Sungkyunkwan University, 2009
- Fiscal federalism
- State and local fiscal efficiency and accountability
- Fiscal rules and institutions
- Budget reform
- Accounting policy
- Financial monitoring and reporting
- Local economic development
- Public Budgeting
- Fiscal Policy
- Quantitative Analysis
- Local Government
- Public Administration
- “Local Property Tax Limits in Nebraska: Within-State Variations in Effects” (with Craig S. Maher and Carol Ebdon). Public Administration Quarterly. Vol. 42, No.3 (2018): 328-371.
- “The Effect of Revenue Diversification and Form of Government on Public Spending” (with Ji-Hyung Park). Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management. Vol. 30, No. 2 (2018): 211-229.
- “The effects of Tax and Expenditure Limitations (TELs) on Municipal Fiscal Outcomes during a Period of Fiscal Distress” (with Ji-Hyung Park and Craig S. Maher). Public Finance & Management. Vol. 18, No. 1 (2018): 84-110.
- “The (D)Evolution of TIF Use: Redevelopment to Land Development in Nebraska” (with Craig S. Maher and Ji-Hyung Park). In Johnson, C., & Kriz, K. (Eds.), Tax Increment Financing and Economic Development: Uses, Structures and Impact. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- “Surveying the Effects of Limitations on Taxes and Expenditures: What Do/Don’t We Know?” (with Judith I. Stallmann, Craig S. Maher, and Steven C. Deller). Journal of Public and Nonprofit Affairs. Vol. 3, No. 2 (2017): 197-222.
- “The Effects of Tax and Expenditure Limits on State Fiscal Reserves” (with Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). Public Policy & Administration. Vol. 32, No. 2 (2017): 130-151.
- “The Impact of Tax and Expenditure Limits on Municipal Credit Ratings” with (Craig S. Maher, Steven C. Deller, and Judith I. Stallmann). The American Review of Public Administration. Vol. 46, No. 5 (2016): 592-613.
- “The Effects of Tax and Expenditure Limits on Municipal Pension and OPEB Funding During the Great Recession” (with Craig S. Maher and James Harrold). Public Finance & Management. Vol. 16, No. 2 (2016): 121-146.