Spring 2019 Office Hours:
Ph.D. George Washington University, 2013
B.A. University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2005
- State-labor relations
- Social and protest movements
- Middle East politics
- Authoritarianism (undergraduate and graduate levels)
- Politics of the Middle East
- From Protest to Revolution
- Bishara, Dina. “Legacy Trade Unions as Brokers of Democratization? Lessons from a Deviant Case – Tunisia,” Comparative Politics, accepted.
- Bishara, Dina. 2018. Contesting Authoritarianism: Labor Challenges to the State in Egypt. Cambridge, United Kingdom; New York, NY: Cambridge University Press. https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108147873
- Bishara, Dina. 2015. “The Politics of Ignoring: Protest Dynamics in Late Mubarak Egypt.” Perspectives on Politics 13 (4): 958–75. https://doi.org/10.1017/S153759271500225X.
- Bishara, Dina. 2012. “The Power of Workers in Egypt’s 2011 Uprising.” In Arab Spring in Egypt: Revolution and Beyond, edited by Bahgat Korany and Rabab El-Mahdi, 83–103. American University in Cairo Press.
- Albrecht, Holger, and Dina Bishara. 2011. “Back on Horseback: The Military and Political Transformation in Egypt.” Middle East Law and Governance 3 (1–2): 13–23. https://doi.org/10.1163/187633711X591396.